Oannes Predator 10'6 50-80lb Drone Fishing Rod
Predator can handle any drone fishing situation, providing you with the strength to get your target species in fast, and get your bait back in the drop zone quickly for another hook-up.
The new Predator has been upgraded with EVA grips above the reel seat for comfort and grip, alignment marks on the rod sections and lower reel seat height.
PREDATOR is a high modulus carbon fibre three-piece drone fishing rod with an overall length of 10’6”. Its multi directional high modulus carbon fibre makes it incredibly powerful. It is loaded with heavy-duty high-end Fuji components, aluminium gimbal end and Fuji alconite guide rings and an SIC rod tip. Designed primarily for drone fishing, it is also an excellent drone shark rod and rock fishing rod and has an awesome casting ability.
OANNES drone fishing rods use the best quality and highest-grade fittings on the market and are backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
Oannes Predator Drone Fishing Rod
Predator by name – Predator by nature
Predator can handle any drone fishing situation, providing you with the strength to get your target species in fast, and get your bait back in the drop zone quickly for another hook-up. If you unintentionally hook a monster of the deep, Predator can get the pest to shore and off your hook fast. Predator also casts like a champion and has an extremely light crisp action for those days the wind cranks up and grounds the drone.
Predator is a three-section rod constructed from quality Ultra High Modulus carbon fibre with reinforced carbon power joints. Measuring in at an overall length of 10’6”, it is rated at 50-80lbs and has an ‘XH’ Extra Heavy action with fast taper. Constructed from ultra-high modulus, multi directional carbon fibre, resulting in a light-weight crisp action.
Predator features quality Fuji K Series guide frames, providing outstanding strength, corrosion resistance, lightness, and outstanding anti-line tangle properties. The quality K series guide frames are fitted with Fuji alconite guide rings, and a Fuji SIC rod tip ring, chosen for their excellent heat dissipation and low abrasion properties. The FUJI graphite reel seat caters for oversized reels, and all OANNES rods have section alignment marks.
OANNES drone fishing rods are constructed to the highest quality and utilize high grade FUJI components and are backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
Predator is dressed in Royal blue and fitted with a FUJI Graphite reel seat, aluminium gimbal end and quality non-slip EVA grips for comfort and feel.
Reels perfectly matched with drag ratings of 15-20kg with adequate spool capacities include, Daiwa Saltiga Dogfight 8000DF and 8000DHF, Daiwa Saltiga Expedition 8000H-EXP, Shimano Stella SWC 14000 PG, PENN Slammer III 8500, 8500HS, 9500, 10,500 and PENN Spin fisher VI 9500 and 10,500. This rod can also be used for overhead reels such as Shimano Force master 6000 and 9000 Electric reels OH, Shimano Beastmaster 9000 Gigamax OH, Shimano Talica 25II and 50 OH, Shimano Talica TACS0II.
Length: 3 section – 10’6”
Material: Carbon fibre/Graphite
Type: Spinning / Overhead
Action: Extra Heavy
Cast Weight: 150 – 350gms
Line Rating: 50 – 80lbs
OANNES Rod Maintenance and Safety
- Do not exceed the recommend line rating for your rod.
- Never ‘High Stick’ your rod – Over bending your rod when fighting or landing a fish is commonly referred to high sticking. Always maintain a maximum load angle of 45 – 60 degrees when fighting a fish and these parameters should never be exceeded.
- If your lure or rig becomes snagged always keep the rod pointed towards the snag and walk backwards keeping tension on the line. More than likely you will lose your tackle, but you cannot break your rod with this procedure.
- Like a diamond, carbon fibre rods are incredibly strong but can be brittle – Be careful not to drop or hit them on hard surfaces, keep away from fans and don’t close car doors on them.
- Fishing rods are designed to evenly distribute the stress over the entire rod blank – Never place your hand high above the reel seat to assist the rod, as this will actually increase stress and cause the rod to break. Always maintain a maximum load angle of 45 – 60 degrees and never high stick it.
- Graphite carbon rods are excellent conductors of electricity – Never use a carbon fibre fishing rod during an electrical storm or near power lines.
- After using your fishing rod in a saltwater environment, always wash your rod well with fresh clean water as soon as you can and pay particular attention to the guide rings and reel seat. You can apply light reel grease to on the guide metal – but use it sparingly.
- Use caution when transporting your rod and always disassemble it and place the rod in the rod case during transport.
- Use caution when winding your line in and never pull the swivel through the guide tip as this will damage guide ring.