G-REAPER is one nasty piece of work – A massively powerful rod designed for those adventurous types who like to hunt monsters – G-REAPER will Submit and Conquer that monster. If, however while fishing for a target species you unintentionally hook a monster, G-REAPER provides the strength to get that pest to shore and off your hook post-haste – getting your bait back in the drop zone faster.
G-REAPER is a three-section rod constructed from quality Ultra High Modulus carbon fibre with reinforced carbon power joints. Measuring in at an overall length of 10’6”, it is rated at 80-130lbs and has an ‘XXH’ Extra Extra Heavy action with fast taper. G-REAPER features quality Fuji K Series guide frames, providing outstanding strength, corrosion resistance, lightness and outstanding anti-line tangle properties. The quality guide frames are fitted with Fuji alconite guide rings and a Fuji SIC rod tip guide ring, chosen for their excellent heat dissipation and low abrasion properties.
G-REAPER has excellent casting ability for those times the wind picks up and grounds the drone.
G-REAPER features a FUJI graphite reel seat that caters for oversized reels, aluminium gimbal end, quality non-slip EVA grips for comfort and feel, and is dressed in Black with silver trim – it simply oozes grimness. All OANNES rods feature rod section alignment marks.
OANNES drone fishing rods are constructed to the highest quality and utilize high grade FUJI components and are backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
Reels perfectly matched with drag ratings of 20-30kg with adequate spool capacities include, Daiwa Saltiga Dogfight 8000DF and 8000DHF, Daiwa Saltiga Expedition 8000H-EXP, Shimano Stella SWC 14000 PG, PENN Slammer III 8500, 8500HS, 9500, 10,500 and PENN Spin fisher VI 9500 and 10,500. Overhead reels perfectly matched with drag ratings of 20 – 40kg with adequate spool capacities include, Daiwa Seaborg 800MJ and 1200MJ, Shimano Talica TAC50II, PENN International INT16VIS and INT70VIS, PENN Fathom FTH40NLD and FTH40NLDHS, Shimano Forcemaster 6000 and 9000 Electric reels, Shimano Beastmaster 9000 Gigamax, Shimano Talica 25II – 50 and Shimano Talica TAC50II.
Length: 3 section – 10’6”
Material: Carbon fibre/Graphite
Type: Spinning / Overhead
Action: XX Heavy
Cast Weight: 150 – 400gms
Line Rating: 80 – 130lbs
OANNES Rod Maintenance and Safety
- Do not exceed the recommend line rating for your rod.
- Never ‘High Stick’ your rod – Over bending your rod when fighting or landing a fish is commonly referred to high sticking. Always maintain a maximum load angle of 45 – 60 degrees when fighting a fish and these parameters should never be exceeded.
- If your lure or rig becomes snagged always keep the rod pointed towards the snag and walk backwards keeping tension on the line. More than likely you will lose your tackle, but you cannot break your rod with this procedure.
- Like a diamond, carbon fibre rods are incredibly strong but can be brittle – Be careful not to drop or hit them on hard surfaces, keep away from fans and don’t close car doors on them.
- Fishing rods are designed to evenly distribute the stress over the entire rod blank – Never place your hand high above the reel seat to assist the rod, as this will actually increase stress and cause the rod to break. Always maintain a maximum load angle of 45 – 60 degrees and never high stick it.
- Graphite carbon rods are excellent conductors of electricity – Never use a carbon fibre fishing rod during an electrical storm or near power lines.
- After using your fishing rod in a saltwater environment, always wash your rod well with fresh clean water as soon as you can and pay particular attention to the guide rings and reel seat. You can apply light reel grease to on the guide metal – but use it sparingly.
- Use caution when transporting your rod and always disassemble it and place the rod in the rod case during transport.
- Use caution when winding your line in and never pull the swivel through the guide tip as this will damage guide ring.