Seahorse Drone and Kontiki Braid Fishing Winch
THE SEAHORSE BRAID WINCH COMES WITH
- 1500 metres of 130lb/ breaking strain non stretch Dyneema Braid line with
- 80 Stoppers
- 100 metre leader
- 10ah Lithium Battery
- Manual rescue handle
- 24 Month Warranty and a 30 day Moneyback Guarantee
The Seahorse Braid Winch is powered by a 150 watt motor (same as the standard Seahorse winches) and uses a 10ah Lithium battery. Due to the Braid line and the low drag of drone lines, this battery can retrieve the mainline up to three times on one battery. Seahorse have made the Winch simple to use with a soft start three speed control unit, ensuring full power is delivered to the motor no matter what. We have retained the Pulse function, allowing you total control over the Winch whenever you need it.
There is 1500 metres of 130lb breaking strain Dyneema non stretch8 strand braid.
Because the Dyneema braid is non-stretch, it means we can build everything lighter and smaller, making the winch easier to carry. The small disadvantage is, being lighter, it is more likely to be pulled down the beach by big fish. Simply sit on the winch, or stake it to the ground and the problem is solved.
WHY IS THE SEAHORSE BRAID WINCH SO DIFFERENT TO EVERYTHING ELSEWHERE
The simple answer is technology moves on.
Since 2002, when the first Seahorse electric Winch was designed, there has been two significant developments. The first being non-stretch Dyneema braid, and the second being Lithium batteries. We have all seen the changes in Rod and reel fishing since the introduction of Dyneema Braid and thankfully, our mobile phones have gotten smaller thanks to lithium batteries.
While sealed lead acid (SLA) batteries, and mono filament nylon line are still great products, there is the disadvantage of weight and stretch in the mono-filament. By moving to Dyneema Braid and Lithium batteries, we have moved to the next generation of kontiki Winches. These changes will change the way we kontiki fish, plus opening up new and exciting ways to use your Seahorse kontiki products.
The Seahorse Braid Winch is lighter, approximately half the weight of a traditional electric Winch, and approximately half the size. This means it's easy for one person to carry, and it will fit in to smaller spaces. You no longer need a big quad bike to carry your fishing gear. But you might need it to carry all your fish home.
Seahorse Braid Winch Features
- The Seahorse Braid Winch contains your mainline, 80 stopper stoppered section and a 100 metre leader.
- The 10ah Lithium battery provides enough power to recover for three line retrievals
- The 10ah Lithium battery has a built-in battery management system to ensure the battery is fully protected, ensuring long life. But once the battery is ran flat, the BMS will turn the battery off, until it is recharged.
- It's advanced design makes it simple to operate and easy to clean, with the motor and control unit fully protected behind the side cover.
- The drum is located to keep the braid line as close to the sand as possible, allowing he pull of the line to force the Winch into the sand. Please note, given the light weight of the Winch, it is likely to move sooner than heavyweight traditional winches.
- The non stretch braid line removes the need for a drag or brake system
- The Dyneema braid line is 130lb breaking strain. Being smaller in diameter, it is less likely to be pulled sideways by currents and rips.
- The Dyneema braid is constructed from 8 individual strands, meaning if one is broken, the other seven will take up the strain. If the line is damaged, simply cut out the damaged section and tie together with a double or back to back uni knot, and you are back fishing.
- All the wiring is done with marine grade tinned wire to ensure it can handle the tough marine environment
- The powerful 150 watt motor and electronic control unit is protect under the side cover. The control unit is also fully encased in epoxy resin to ensure total protection
- The simple single control unit with on/off and Pulse ensures you get full power and control to the Winch whenever you need it
- The battery holder will also hold the Seahorse remote programmer.
- A full 24 month warranty and support provides carefree operation. Call us anytime if you have a query regarding the operation of this Winch
The Seahorse Braid Winch comes with
- 150 watt electric motor
- 10AH Lithium Battery
- 1500 metres of mainline
- 13.5kg's in weight
- Height - 25cm
- Width - 36.5cm
- Length - 34cm
Other products you might be interested in
NZ$ 419.99NZ$ 253.00