Standard Bottom Longline Rig
If you wish to improve the light wind performance and tackability of this rig we suggest adding the large skyhook to your order.
You could also consider adding a trace rack for safe and easy storage of your traces if it is too hard for you to make one of your own.
This rig is supplied with 30 x traces stored temporarily on a card and requires you to make some form of trace rack.
Some assembly is required.
The Standard 1100m 100kg Bottom Longline Rig with Nighthawk Kite is a good beginners rig for clear sandy beaches on the east coast.
Photo above and Video Below: A kite longline catch from Mokau
This Rig Includes
- 1 x Nighthawk Kite
- 2 x Spare Tawa Dowel
- 1 x Tacking Rope
- 1 x Safety Float
- 1 x Mega 3:1 Ratio Geared Reel
- 1 x Galvanised Reel Post
- 110 Metres 65kg Kiteline
- 1 x Pre-Tied Kite Flag and Bottle Cord
- 1000 Metres 100kg Mainline
- 110 Metres 115kg Pre-Stoppered Hook Section
- 3 x Packs of 10 Complete Pre-Tied Target Hook Traces
- 4 x 8oz Clip On Weights
- Full Fishing and Kite Flying Instructions