65kg Dropper Rig Kite Fishing Rig with Nighthawk Kite
Photo Right: Paul Barnes with a couple of snapper caught from Muriwai Beach while doing a public demonstration of the 65kg Dropper Rig
This well balanced entry level Dropper Rig includes everything you need to get you fishing. The 65kg dropper rig is perfect for safely fishing areas where sharks are a concern. The hook section is designed to snap at a safety trace if the hook section becomes snagged or the catch of sharks and stingrays is too heavy for the mainline.
The other major benefit of the 65kg dropper rig is that sharks pose no risk to the mainline.
This is because the mainline is out of the water so sharks can not bite through it. Like all of our Dropper Rigs this rig has exceptional performance in areas of high surf, strong currents or longshore rip tides.
Below: Video from one of our customers
The 65kg Dropper Rig Kite Fishing Kit with Nighthawk Kite Has These Advantages
- Top performing rig design for kite fishing in areas of strong rips and currents
- Can be safely fished in areas where sharks are prevalent
- Can be safely fished in areas where snagging is possible
- The kite is protected from loss due to sharks and snags because the hooks are not on the mainline
- Fish in winds from 7-10 knots through to 35 knots
- An ideal all purpose rig which can be easily modified for fishing over reef and trolling for gamefish
NOTE: The traces supplied with this rig are stored temporarily on a card and require you to make some form of trace board or rack.
This Rig Includes
- 1 x Nighthawk Kite
- 2 x Spare Tawa Dowel
- 1 x Kite Safety Float
- 1 x Tacking Rope
- 1 x Standard 3:1 Ratio Geared Reel
- 1 x Galvanised Reel Post
- 1000 Metres 65kg Mainline/Kiteline
- 1 x 10 Inch Handspool Furnished with:
- 80 Metres 65kg Dropper Line
- 1 x Pre-Tied Kite Flag and Bottle Cord
- 30 Metres 65kg Leader Line
- 1 x Safety Trace
- 2 x 10 Hook Pre-Stoppered Sections
- 20 x Complete Pre-Tied Traces
- 2 x 4oz Weights and 1 x 8oz weight
- Full Fishing and Rigging Instructions