Two x 25 Hook Boat Longline on 3:1 Reel
The ultimate boat fishing longline rig for those serious about catching a limit bag of good sized fish.
This longline is as good as it gets, the traces are fitted with Target Snapper Hooks of your favourite size and tangle resistant In-Line Swivel Clips. The hook section is commercial grade Pre-Stoppered monofilament, this means there are no sharp crimps to cut you hands or damage the line!
Colour options are for a free upgrade to Floating Bead Traces. Size options are for you to choose the best hook sizes for your area.
The float lines and hook sections are all on the reel and the two 25 hook longlines are clipped together. Simply unclip the two lines and fish each 25 hook longline separately.
Easy to mount to your gunwale or run straight from your rod holder.
The Two x 25 Hook Boat Longline on Reel Has These Advantages
- Great for finding the fish. Set each line in a different spot, leave to fish for half an hour to an hour.
- Haul and rebait the line and reset in a different spot.
- Keep rotating the lines like this until you find where the best fish are then concentrate your effort there.
- The pre-stoppered mainline on this longline has stoppers made from nylon braid which is whipped around the mainline before being glued securely in place. This is the same product used by commercial fishers.
- Pre-stoppered mainlines allow the trace clip to slide freely between the stops.
- The fish picks up the bait and runs with it until the clip strikes the stop. This actively sets the hook securely into the fish.
This ready to fish longline system Includes:
- 2 x Large Hardwood Trace Racks
- 52 x Complete Pre-Tied Traces - Upgrade to Floating Bead Traces Optional
- 4 x Grapples on 50kg Safety Traces
- 1 x Standard 3:1 Ratio Geared Reel
- 4 x 50 metre 100kg Dropper Lines
- 4 x Braided Nylon Grapple Cords
- 2 x 75kg Pre-Stoppered Sections
Video 1: Snapper Longline Fishing Bream Bay
Video 2: Longline Fishing With Floating Bead Traces
Video 3: Longlining Techniques For Fish Conservation
New Zealand fishing regulations allow for two separate 25 hook boat longlines per vessel and this rig delivers just that!
To run two lines you must have two or more people onboard to comply with New Zealand fishing regulations.